Free of dogmas, the Gurbani has a simple message: there is One, Formless Reality. Our mind is That (Jot-Saroop...). The purpose of human life is to understand this Truth through Shabad-Vichaar (Reflections on the Gurbani) and Realize one's Mool (Source, Jot...) within, here and now, and become liberated from doubts, Maya, duality, etc., while still alive.
The Gurbani talks about two mentality-groups living together on earth: (1) the "rare" Gurmukhs (Daas, Bhagat, Jan...) who live the Divine Life, and (2) the rest - Manmukhs, Saakat, Mayadhaaree, etc.. The Gurbani asks us to become Gurmukhs.
The Divine Wisdom of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS) is Universal and Timeless. Since no particular group or people have monopoly or ownership of the Gurbani and its Wisdom, all in the world can gain from it (Laahaa).
Sikhi is a Way of life based on the Wisdom of the SGGS. For the SGGS and its true students or learners ( i.e., Sikhs), there is no enemy or alien - all human beings are considered part and parcel of the ONE Light. Furthermore, Sikhs are to believe in and practice Universal Brotherhood, human equality, dignity of all humans, search for Truth within, be truthful, live a Divine Life (Gurmukh Life), do an honest work, do community service, share ("Vand Shakna"), wish all people well ...!
Thus, a Guide of practical spirituality (Giaan-Guru), the Gurbani is a Treasure of spiritual Wisdom. It provides all that's needed to free the mind of psychological conditionings or limitations, and realize its untained, True Nature (Jot Saroop).
Latest Posts On Our Gurbani Blog
- Chully – Handful Of Water
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib on Rahat
- Gurbani Refutes Miracles – Karaamaat
- Intellect Must Awaken to Wisdom
- Sargun Nirgun – Visible and Invisible
- Don’t Take Anything At Face Value
- Jaat Paat
- Happiness and Unhappiness – Sukh and Dukh
- Non-Gurmukh Nature
- Gurbani’s Sooraa – Braveheart
- No Taker of Knowledge
- A Long Journey – Cycle of Birth and Death!
- Gurbani Is The Mirror Of The Mind
- Being Detached: Affectionately
- The Egg of Doubt Must Burst
- Who can Say the Guru is Dead?
- What Humans and Animals Consume is Another Form of Life
- The Satgur’s Sword of Wisdom
- Mere Seeing and Bowing is of no Avail